Comox Valley Schools (SD71) is a positive, progressive and growing school district situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island on the traditional territory of the K'ómoks First Nation. Located within the Valley are the municipalities we serve, City of Courtenay, the Town of Comox, Village of Cumberland and the Regional District; each providing their own unique services and community cultures.
As a learning organization, we work closely with our educational partners to develop responsible, compassionate citizens and successful lifelong learners. Over 1,600 employees work to provide a comprehensive educational program to approximately 8,700 students from kindergarten to grade 12 in our 15 elementary schools, one (1) middle school, three (3) secondary schools, two (2) alternative schools, and a distributed learning school. Comox Valley School’s annual operating budget is approximately $100 million.
An inclusive learning community that embraces diversity, fosters relationships and empowers all learners to have a positive impact on the world.
To inspire engaged, compassionate, resilient lifelong learners and cultivate a collaborative community together.
We Value and Believe In
- Trusting relationships based on respect, integrity and ethical behaviour
- A commitment to Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous peoples
- Equity, inclusion, dignity, and acceptance for all
- Global awareness and environmental stewardship
- Innovation, creativity, problem-solving, and critical thinking
- Accountability and shared responsibility
- Open and engaging communication
- Celebration of learning