CROSS-BOUNDARY TRANSFER REQUEST
Students registered in the Comox Valley school district may request a transfer to a school outside their catchment area for the 2019/20 school year. Registration opens at 7 a.m. on 7 January 2019. Deadline to submit a request is 28 February 2019 at 4 p.m.
With the tremendous growth in the Comox Valley, district schools are at or near capacity, however, there are reasons when a request for transfer can be made including access to a specialized program at another school, to attend school with a sibling, childcare arrangements, or extenuating family circumstances. Cross-boundary priority categories are as follows:
- 1st: Siblings living in Comox Valley registered in a district school.
- 2nd: Specialized education program offered at another secondary school location.
- 3rd: Childcare (K-7 only).
- 4th: Other extenuating circumstances detailed in the request.
To register, complete the fillable form below (available when registration opens at 7 a.m., 7 January 2019). Upon completion, click submit. There no longer is any requirement to save, print and mail the form to the School Board Office.
2018/19 SCHOOL YEAR REGISTRATION PROCESS
- YOUR CHILD’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- PROOF OF RESIDENCE (UTILITY BILL/DRIVER’S LICENSE/PURCHASE OR RENTAL AGREEMENT)
- CARE CARD