School District No. 71 (Comox Valley) will be enrolling Kindergarten students (Neighbourhood, French Immersion, Montessori, Indigenous, Fine Arts and eClasses) in District schools for attendance in September 2023. To be eligible for enrolment in September 2023, a student must turn five (5) years of age by December 31, 2023. Each child’s birth certificate and proof of address must be uploaded for registration. BC Services Cards will not be accepted as proof of birth however your child’s BC Personal Health Number (PHN) is required on the registration form. A Passport or Landed Immigrant authorization are suitable forms of documentation in lieu of birth certificates.
KINDERGARTEN CHOICES INFORMATION:
For more information about Kindergarten Programs listed below, please check the posted information on the school district website.
- Neighbourhood (the Kindergarten program in your catchment school);
- Early French Immersion (located at Ecole Puntledge Park and Ecole Robb Road);
- Indigenous (Located at Ecole Puntledge Park);
- Montessori (located at Queneesh and Courtenay Elementary);
- Navigate (NIDES) Compass Program;
- Navigate (NIDES) Fine Arts eCadamy (FAe).
All our Kindergarten classes are full-day programs. The following choices are available for Kindergarten Registration:
Parents are asked to register their children at their current neighbourhood catchment school using the online registration located on our website www.comoxvalleyschools.ca/student-registration starting Monday January 16, 2023. While most, if not all, students living in a school’s local catchment will be accommodated at that school, they cannot be guaranteed placement in the catchment area school and may be required to go to the nearest school having space available. To determine your neighbourhood catchment school, please visit our district website at, click on “Schools” and go to “Schools Locator”. If you live in an area where busing is provided, please complete a Bus Transportation Registration Form which is located at https://www.comoxvalleyschools.ca/student-transportation. All students travelling on School District No. 71 school buses must carry a bus pass, with the exception of the first couple of weeks of the school year while bus passes are distributed.
Early French Immersion, Montessori and Indigenous:
- Online Registration opens Tuesday January 10, 2023 at 6:00 pm. If you are interested in Early French Immersion (Ecole Robb Road or Ecole Puntledge Park) or the Montessori program (Queneesh or Courtenay Elementary) or the Indigenous program (Ecole Puntledge Park) complete the expression of interest form for your program of choice on the SD71 registration page comoxvalleyschools.ca/student-registration. Placements into choice programs are on a first come, first serve basis in the order received. Siblings of current students in the programs will have priority.
- The indicated school of choice will contact you and provide directions about confirmation or wait listing for placement. Follow their directions on how to register your child for Kindergarten.
- Montessori Information Session at Courtenay Elementary Tuesday, January 9th at 6:30 pm.
NAVIGATE (NIDES) COMPASS PROGRAM KINDERGARTEN: ALL REGISTRATION IS COMPLETED ONLINE AT
Registration for all students for the Navigate (NIDES) Compass Program is completed online and the registration form will be active on Wednesday February 1, 2023. Inquiries for this program can be forward to Vice Principal, Meghan McMillen at email@example.com
NAVIGATE (NIDES) FINE ARTS ECADEMY (FAe) KINDERGARTEN: ALL REGISTRATION IS COMPLETED ONLINE AT:
Registration for all students for the Fine Arts eCademy (Fae) Kindergarten at Navigate (NIDES) is completed online and the registration form will be active on February 1, 2023. Program entry is based on a lottery system, not first come first serve. Inquiries about this program can be forwarded to Vice Principal, Meghan McMillen at firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be an open house at the Tsolum Campus on January 27th from 9:00 – 11:00 am for both COMPASS and FAe Programs.
For questions about Kindergarten in School District 71, please see the FAQ’s on the district website