About Us


Opened in 1953 as Courtenay West School to replace Courtenay Central School. Operated as Courtenay West School for a brief period while Courtenay Central School was still in operation. When the Courtenay Central School was closed and the land sold, the funds from the sale were used to expand the Courtenay West School.

The school was renamed Courtenay Elementary School and continues to operate in the same location on McPhee Avenue. It recently underwent significant seismic upgrades.