Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Any parent or guardian who has a child registered in Aspen Park Elementary School is a member at large of the PAC and may attend any regular PAC meeting.
The purpose of our PAC is:
- to provide and maintain a parent liaison group at the school level with Aspen Park Elementary School Administration
The aims and objectives of the Aspen Park PAC are:
- to serve as an advisory group to the school administration
- to support DPAC in hosting education opportunities for parents in our school district
- to help parents become more aware of the programs and services available thereby encouraging their children’s optimum use of the school system
- to assist in decision making with regard to school district programs, policies and practices through participation at the District PAC level
- to seek understanding of the rights and responsibilities of parents within the education system
- to provide a framework for communication and information sharing among parents / guardians of the school
- to financially support extra opportunities for the student body (for example: Arts, Music, Sciences, Clubs, and/or field trips)
- to develop, improve and maintain communications between parents, educators, administrators, the Board of Education, and BCCPAC
- to participate in the development and achievement of the goals of the district through representation at the District PAC level
- to participate on district committees as opportunities arise
- to participate at the provincial level by maintaining membership with BCCPAC and voting at the BCCPAC AGM when possible
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month.
2021 – 2022 Aspen Park PAC Executive
|DPAC Representative||Lana Riva-Crerar|
|Fundraising Co-ordinator||Kristen Sanderson|
|Salad Bar Co-ordinator||Sarah Picard|
|Salad Bar Co-ordinator||Laura Voller|
|Hot Lunch Co-ordinator||Melissa Preston|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions / suggestions or would like to connect with any of our PAC executive members.