Online Learning Community
Our online learning students are an important part of our community. Our community consists of K-12 students from all over British Columbia. We work closely in partnership with Navigate NIDES.
We value the diverse needs of all our students in the pursuit of their education. Providing support for our students needs is founded upon our four goals;
- Goal 1: To increase every Indigenous student’s sense of belonging, cultural identity, and self-esteem.
- Goal 2: To increase the academic success of all Indigenous students through personalized learning.
- Goal 3: To increase the awareness and understanding of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit history, traditions, and culture for all students.
- Goal 4: To increase Indigenous students’ skills, qualities, and confidence in leadership.
We aim to provide support in any way we can to our online learners across British Columbia. Support may include:
- Help to obtain cultural information in the form of events and presentations.
- Providing helpful links to useful organizations and websites.
- Resources and information about identity, language and reconciliation.
- Monthly mail-outs including activities, resources and important information.
- Providing access to high-quality learning materials.
- Connecting you with appropriate resources to support your study program and personal goals.
- Providing information and support you would normally obtain from your Indigenous Support Worker if you were learning in a traditional, physical school setting.