Queneesh’s Terry Fox Run 2023
Students here at Queneesh have begun learning about Terry Fox, his legacy, and his Foundation supplemented by a kick-off assembly hosted by Mr. Cobey on September 13th, 2023.
Throughout the month of September, the students will be fundraising for The Terry Fox Foundation ultimately culminating in Queneesh’s Terry Fox Run on September 27th, 2023.
Mr. Cobey’s Fundraising Incentive for our students:
If the students reach their fundraising goal amount (amount is being determined this coming week), Mr. Cobey has offered to do one of the suggestions the classes have come up with which include:
- shaving his head (not much to lose there)
- shaving his beard (believe he’s had the beard for three years)
- dyeing his beard (a variety of colours have been suggested)
- wearing a dress and makeup for a day
- and some others – suggestions are still coming in at this point
Last year the goal was $700, and the school as a whole raised over $2300, so Mr. Cobey had to dye his beard pink!
#DearTerry is the theme from The Terry Fox Foundation this year:
On April 12, 1980, Terry started his Marathon of Hope.
When he stopped running, you started writing.
This September 17, we continue the annual Terry Fox Run surrounded
by messages of love, hope and inspiration from Canadians everywhere.”