Volunteer Driving Form
This is information for parents/guardians about driving for a field trip at Huband.
If there is a possibility that you may be able to drive on any of our field trips this year, the best way is to submit the needed paperwork to the office at the beginning of the year. Please see the attached forms to know what we need to have on file.
If you are thinking about volunteering on an overnight trip like Camp Homewood, you will need to complete a criminal record check as well. Doing that ahead of time means you are cleared for the trip if you are able to get the time away from work.
If you are driving on a school field trip, we need the following documentation on file:
- ICBC Vehicle Insurance, including Third Party Liability of at least $1,000,000 ($2 million preferable)
- Private Vehicle Insurance for Third Party Liability (if not covered by ICBC) for at least $1,000,000 – Must be updated YEARLY
- ICBC Drivers Abstract – please go online to icbc.com or call ICBC at 1-800-950-1498 and ask them to fax it to the school at 250-338-6533 – Must be updated YEARLY
- School Use of Private Vehicle Form (this will come from the classroom teacher with field trip permission form)
- Volunteer Driver Form
- Copy of your driver’s license
Please note that we need a new drivers abstract on file every school year, and that we need new insurance documentation when your annual insurance is renewed.