First Student is SD71’s transportation partner
- Phone: 250-703-2656
- 1535 McPhee Avenue
- Courtenay, BC V9N 3A6
Transportation to Comox Valley Schools
Comox Valley Schools provides transportation for students to and from the following schools under certain provisions.
- Elementary: Airport, Arden, Denman Island, Hornby Island, Huband, Miracle Beach, Queneesh and Royston.
- Secondary: G.P. Vanier and Highland
- Other: Cumberland Community and Lake Trail Middle
Want more info on Active Travel and routes to SD71 neighbourhood schools? Have a look here. Active travel means making journeys by physically active means, like walking or cycling.
School Bus Eligibility
- Regular – for eligible riders
- Courtesy – Ineligible rider meeting criteria or eligible rider requiring child-care drop-off/pick-up provisions as disclosed at time of registration
- Temporary – awaiting issue of verified and approved regular or courtesy pass
*** Students must display their pass to the bus driver each time they ride ***
- BCTransit Comox Valley is handy for trip planning.
- Comox Valley Regional Transit Rider’s Guide is a pdf brochure of local bus routes.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding school busing in this district, please direct them to the Office of the Director of Operations at 250-334-5500 or Tree.Murdock@sd71.bc.ca