School Year Registration
To be eligible for Kindergarten enrolment for the 2022-23 school year, a student must turn five (5) years of age by December 31, 2022.
Registration is available online only. Please ensure you have the following information to complete all registrations:
- Your child’s original birth certificate, any applicable immigration documents, and/or proof of Canadian citizenship for both you and your child
- Proof of your residence address (a document such as your current year property tax receipt, current month rental receipt, or a purchase/rental agreement)
- Your child’s BC Personal Heath Number (PHN)
Note: Online registration requires a computer (not a cell phone or tablet). Registration forms will not successfully submit without all required information.
To register your student at your neighbourhood school or program of choice, please follow these steps:
- Determine your catchment school by using the School Locator.
Note: While most, if not all, students living in a school’s local catchment will be accommodated at that school, they cannot be guaranteed placement in the catchment area school and may be required to go to the nearest school having space available.
- Review the instructions for creating an account and starting a student registration in MyEducation BC.
- Create an account in MyEducation BC (if you have an existing Family portal account for School District 71, you can simply log in).If you have a MyEducation BC account with another school district, you will need to create a new MyEducation BC account for School District 71.
- Once logged in, click on the Initiate button on the home page and follow the registration steps.
For those looking to register for Navigate-NIDES FAe or ENTER programs – here is the link.