Grad 2021 Events
|December 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th, 2021||
Please note that only grads can attend the appointment with only one outfit change.
|January 24th-27th, 2022||Grad Photo retakes|
|February 3rd, 2022||Grad Meeting for Bursaries and Scholarships|
|March 11th, 2022||Bursary Applications Due at 1:00 pm|
|April 19th, 2022||Valedictorian Nominations Due|
|May 10th, 2022||Valedictorian Speeches / Voting to follow|
|June 25th, 2022||Time TBD|
Your checklist for graduation:
🗹 Grad Photos – Check G.P. Vanier Website For Dates
🗹 Bursary Applications – Due March 11th
🗹 Yearbook – Deadline For Ordering February 15th
🗹 Grad Bio – Fillable Form G.P. Vanier Website
🗹 80 Graduation Credits Completed
🗹 CLC 12 (Careers 12), Capstone And 30 Hours Volunteer *or* Paid Work Experience
🗹 Library Fees – Return Books To The Library!
🗹 Grad/student Fees – To Be Announced
Graduation Requirements are located here.
Order Transcripts and Certificates
Grade 12 students are able to create an account and login to the site below to access Provincial Exam results, transcripts and or Post Secondary Institution selections. Students will need their PEN (Provincial Education Number) which they can find on their Report Card or get from the office.
Click here to order your transcripts and certificates.
2021 G.P. Vanier Bursary Program – Application Deadline, March 12 at 1 pm.
- Bursary information – 2021
- Vanier Bursary Booklet 2021 with cover page
- Vanier Selected Bursary Application Form
- Donor Selected Bursary Application Form
- District-Authority Scholarship Application Form 2021
Special Application forms for GP Vanier Bursary Program:
(Special applications are only required if noted in the Vanier Bursary Booklet)
Cmolik Scholarship (Closed for 2021)
Who should apply?
Eligible applicants must:
• Be a resident of BC
• Have lived in Canada for a minimum of 7 years
• Plan to graduate from a BC secondary school
• Plan to attend and study full time at a post secondary university, college or trade school
• Be ineligible for the BC Tuition Waiver Program (for former youth in care)
• Have experienced adversity or hardship
• Have exhibited a good work ethic
• Have demonstrated financial need
• Evidence of leadership involvement
If you wish to be nominated by Vanier, please submit a cover letter and resume to Ms. Hicker in Counselling by November 27th, 2020.
BC Excellence Scholarships (closed for 2021)
The BC Excellence Scholarship is awarded to 55 well-rounded high school graduates who have demonstrated service and leadership, both a school and in their communities, and who show aptitude for and commitment to their chosen career paths. Recipients receive a $5,000.00 scholarship voucher that they can redeem with the Ministry of Education after they are attending a designated post-secondary institution or BC authorized trades training provider.
Students selected as conditional recipients of the BC Excellence scholarship must meet the following requirements by August 31 of their graduating year to be confirmed as a recipient and receive their scholarship voucher:
- meet basic eligibility requirements;
- be eligible for a B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma);
- fulfill the requirements of the B.C. Graduation Program;
- be graduating in the same year the scholarship is awarded; and
- have the following final marks.
- Minimum “B” average in grades 11 and 12 courses required for graduation.
- Minimum “B” (73% or above) in Language Arts 12.
- Minimum “B” average, no more than one “C+” (67% or above), and no marks lower than “C+” in courses that fulfill graduation requirements for Science 11 or 12, Math 11, and Social Studies 11 or 12.
Note: students may apply for both the BC Excellence scholarship and the Pathway to Teacher Education scholarship but they can only be awarded one.
- January 29, 2021: Submit a letter of intro and resume to Ms. Hicker in counselling for school nomination.
- February 15, 2021: Nominated student application due.
- Early June 2021: Conditional recipients and their schools notified by email.
- September 2021: Conditional recipients checked against eligibility requirements.
- Fall 2021: Paper scholarship vouchers mailed to confirmed recipients.
North Island College
In March of every year, North Island College offers hundreds of bursaries to students. If you are planning on attending, you can access these awards at this link: https://foundation.nic.bc.ca/students
General Bursary Information
Many Universities and colleges often have their own bursary and scholarship programs available to students interested in attending their institution. Check out the website of the university or college you wish to attend or contact their student services for more information.