Bursary & Scholarship Information
The 2023 Bursary/Scholarship Program will be available on January 19th, 2023. For your reference and preparation, last years bursary information is listed below.
All applications must be submitted to the Counselling Office no later than February 24th at 1:00 pm.
Late applications will not be accepted!
- **NEW** – Provincial Scholarships Program Infographic
- 2022-2023 SCHOLARSHIP NEWSLETTER
- Bursary Info 2023
- Vanier Bursary Booklet 2023
- Vanier and Donor Selected Bursary Application Form
- District Authority Application and Instructions 2023
Special Application forms for GP Vanier Bursary Program:
(Special applications are only required if noted in the Vanier Bursary Booklet)
North Island College
In March of every year, North Island College offers hundreds of bursaries to students. If you are planning on attending, you can access these awards at this link: https://foundation.nic.bc.ca/students
General Bursary Information
Many Universities and colleges often have their own bursary and scholarship programs available to students interested in attending their institution. Check out the website of the university or college you wish to attend or contact their student services for more information.
Below are some Bursaries/Scholarships offered to Vanier students through the community!
- Comox Valley Disc Golf Society Student Bursary –The Comox Valley Disc Golf Society is offering a bursary to members of the Comox Valley disc golf community who are graduating from valley secondary schools in 2023. There is a $200 bursary available to a student from each of Highland Secondary, Mark R. Isfeld Secondary, and GP Vanier Secondary.Qualification:Applicant should be an active member in the local disc golf community, and someone who represents the CVDGS’s values of integrity, inclusion, fair play, and stewardship of disc golf. Extra consideration will be given to students are members of their school’s respective Disc Golf clubs or teams, as well as active CVDG members. (Membership | CVDG Club (cvdiscgolf.com))
Submit application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than end of day Friday, April 28, 2023.
- Storwell Bursary – Storwell is offering an annual bursary of $2,000 in support of foster children to help them attend post-secondary schools and to offer a hand up as they make their way forward in life! The award is non-renewable, but candidates are welcome to apply for it once a year. The successful candidate is an active member of their community, has excellent grades and displays financial need.
- The Educational Facility Managers Association of BC is pleased to offer five $1,000 bursaries to graduates of the 2022/2023 school year! Preferences will be given to students entering the fields of engineering, architecture, or building technology. Should there not be suitable applications received in these fields, students in other courses of study will be considered. (Applicants must be dependents of school district employees in the school facilities area, i.e. Maintenance or Custodial).
- OCCS Music Scholarship – The Oceanside Classical Concert Series scholarship fund is awarding a $2500 scholarship to an instrumental or vocal student, of any style or genre of music, who plans to enter a post-secondary music degree program in the Fall of 2023. The OCCS is a non-profit organization interested in supporting aspiring young musicians to pursue advanced music study.
For more information on how you can apply, please follow this link.