The Indigenous Education Program here at G.P. Vanier is available Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 3:15pm. This is a program of inclusion for all students with a focus on students of Indigenous ancestry (First Nations, Metis or Inuit). This ancestry can be determined on a voluntary basis through self-identification and includes Status, Non-Status, Metis or Inuit Ancestry and may extend several generations back in your family history.
The Indigenous Education Program provides academic, cultural, leadership and personal support to students as well as arranging cultural presentations, post secondary sessions/field trips and lunch time groups. We also have Evelyn Voyageur, our Elder in Residence who often comes in for workshops, visits, and classroom presentations. This service is provided to enhance G.P. Vanier’s school programs. If there is anything we can do to support your child please feel free to contact us.
The G.P. Vanier Indigenous Education Team
- Jacqueline Morgan: Indigenous Support Worker, A – G, Jacqueline.email@example.com
- Savannah Seigler: Indigenous Support Worker, H – N, Savannah.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brittany Bjornson: Indigenous Support Worker, O – Z, Brittany.email@example.com
- Jeannine Walker: Indigenous Support Teacher, Jeannine.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lelaina Jules: Indigenous Curriculum Support Teacher, Lelaina.email@example.com