Last Run of the Season at Brooklyn Elementary Oct 26th:
Wednesday the 26th! Please find attached a map of the course. The entire course will be in the North East Woods and is 2km in distance. It will be the same course for everyone.
Please advise parents to park up next to the pickle ball courts and works yard on Torrence as there is very limited parking at the school and none on Guthrie (tickets have been issued in the past).
We have a local running group volunteering as well as the Highland Cross Country team so the course will be well marked and marshalled.
I will not be here but our staff is well drilled in this event and will be here to help.
Coach’s meeting at the starting line at 3:15 followed by the first race.
Cross country map 2022 Brooklyn Elementary
Here are the Details for the Run at Au Coeur de l’lile on Oct. 19th.
This Wednesday Oct 5, Valley View is hosting our cross country race. Thank you to Cumberland for hosting our first district race. It was very well organized.
Below is a map of our course. Parking on site is minimal. Also, ensure your team stays off the actual course – marked with flags, tape and cones. Baseball diamonds are a good place to congregate for teams. Coaches meeting is at 3:15 pm followed by this race order:
Grade 7 boys, girls
Grade 4 boys, girls
Grade 5 boys, girls
Grade 6 boys, girls
We are only doing the one lap for all grades. Approximately 1.5 km.
Cumberland is up first: Wed., Sept 28
- Cones will be on the Beaufort Field (Our big building) where teams can gather – do not stand to the side or you will be on the run route
- Plan to arrive on time run start (3:30)
- Coach’s meeting – 3:15
- Run starts 3:30 (map attached)
- Run order – gr 5, 4, 2/3 (each running approx. 1.6km), a short break (approx. 5 min to clear the route) then gr 7, 6 who will run around 2.8km
- We have many adults and leadership students who will be marshalling the route / showing the way. Our run trail varies from grassy field, to roads, to wooded paths with exposed routes & rocks. We are an active construction zone with the new childcare facility being built on the Strathcona site, so we did have to adjust our run route (will be well marshalled)
- Parking realities – Parking is minimal – our bus loop and road sides by the Perseverance Building (dead end of Ulverston – old med center, small building under repair where our library is) cannot be used for parking so the school buses will still be picking up our students until 3:00 are not obstructed. Parking is a challenge. Another suggestion is to use the Strathcona site (old elementary off Egremont – be advised this is the construction zone) or walk up from the Rec Center or use side roads.
- We look forward to seeing you and your teams!!