Highland Secondary Counselling Department
Youth and Family Support Worker:
We provide many services to support all students and families at Highland including:
- Personal counselling
- Academic support, course selection, career and post-secondary planning
- Scholarship/Bursary information
- Help with study skills, organizational skills, time management, goal setting
- Family consultation and support – help for parents around their child’s well being or educational needs
- Referrals – help for students, parents and families to find the resources they need in the community
- Presentations- classroom and parent presentations
Our goal is to empower students toward positive change and to help you to have the most successful high school experience possible!
Come to the Counseling Centre and see us or call (250) 339-5525 or email at the above addresses.
Information received through the counselling relationship is confidential. The teacher-counsellor regards such information as confidential and does not voluntarily divulge such information without the student’s prior consent.
Some helpful links:
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Support:
Sexual Orientation and Gender:
Sexual Abuse Intervention