International Exchanges

Who is the exchange for?

Students who will be in grades 10 -12 starting September 2023 that are wanting to experience another culture. Families/students must be willing to host an Italian Grade 12 student at the end of September 2023 for a minimum of 10 days. Students will need to be able to travel to Italy at least a week prior to and including at least a week of Spring Break of 2024 for a duration of 14 – 18 days and willing to be hosted by an Italian student’s family while staying in Verbania. Exact dates of the exchange on both ends will not be known until May 2023.

A maximum of 30 students can go on this exchange and we will have participants finalized by the end of April 2024.

Who are the sponsor teachers?

Ms. Duncan, the band teacher at Isfeld, and Mr. Claassen, are the two sponsor teachers for this exchange. As Ms. Duncan is currently teaching at Isfeld, students can ask her any questions about the exchange.

Comox Valley Home Stay for the students

While the students are in the Comox Valley, it is expected that the homestay family will welcome them in and give them local experiences (Tofino, Qualicum/Parksville, Denman/Hornby, Mt. Washington, etc.). Students will stay with families each night while they are here, except for one night where they will be in Victoria. During the school week while the Isfeld students are in school, the students will participate in day excursions that may include (Elk Falls, Mt. Washington hike, Cathedral Grove, Deep Bay Marine Station, Cumberland Museum, Whale Watching, etc.).

Families who are hosting a student as part of this exchange will need to fill out a Home Stay Application.

Cost: $ Will be announced

It could be less but we cannot give a set price at this time until all the planning is complete.

Spending money will also be needed.

Deposit – a deposit will be needed to secure your spot on the trip. This will be required in May 2024 after we have selected the students and have had parent meetings to answer any questions parents may have.

Passports and documentation……yes you need this

You will need a passport that will not expire within six (6) months of the return date of the trip. You will also fill in detailed permission slips, a parent consent form which will need to be notarized, medical form and a standard letter giving Ms. Duncan and Mr. Claassen permission to take you on international travel.

If your parents are divorced / separated you must make sure BOTH sets of parents fill out all of these documents.



For more information contact or