Cross Boundary Requests
The cross-boundary transfer request process for Comox Valley Schools opens on February 1st, 2023 and will be open until February 28th, 2023.
Students registered in the Comox Valley School District may request a transfer to a school outside their catchment area for the 2023-2024 school year.
All requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The school district has established categories for cross boundary transfer requests in order of priority as follows:
- Siblings living in Comox Valley registered in a district school
- Specialized educational programs offered at another secondary school location
- Childcare (K-7 only)
- Extenuating circumstances detailed within a specific request
For individuals without a home computer or internet access, we invite you to use the computer located at the Comox Valley Schools Board Office located at 607 Cumberland Road in Courtenay. Alternatively, you can access the network at any Vancouver Island Regional Library.
Please note: As per the Comox Valley Schools Board decision made in February of 2020, the following schools remain closed to cross boundary transfers:
- Georges P. Vanier Secondary School
- Mark R. Isfeld Secondary School
- Cumberland Community School
- Royston Elementary School
- Miracle Beach Elementary School
- Huband Park Elementary School
Cross boundary requests will be accessible online on Comox Valley Schools website, but not until registration opens on February 1st.
This form is now closed.