Comox Youth Firefighter Camp
The camp is set up to simulate the training experience of professional firefighters. Students will be staying in two facilities at both the fire hall and the Comox Recreation Center, with full supervision at all times provided by the Comox Firefighters Association. During the week they will participate in incredible “hands-on training” in approximately seventeen different areas. They will be provided with three FULL meals per day plus evening snacks. Many Volunteer hours are put in by the firefighters!
- Open to students Grade 10 – 12.
- Dates: TBA
- Comox Fire Training Center.
- Sign up sheet and more details available at the Careers Office.
Students will be exposed to a simulated physical ability requirement evaluation, which is currently required for RCMP entry. This is a physically rigorous test. Completion of this test requires participants to perform at near maximum heart rates, challenge upper body strength, muscular endurance and coordination skills.
- HMCS Quadra
- Dates: TBA
- Open to students to Grade 10-12
Sign up sheet and full details available at Careers Office.
- The physical components of the RCMP Mountie Camp include a conditioning program, participation in team sport games, and simulations of police scenarios, involving chasing, controlling and apprehending suspects.